All Cook Team Sign Ups will be done at the Organizer's Website Link:
The promoters contact number is 352-255-4853
The event is just around the corner and we have a great show for you in 2017! Here are the details you will need for the weekend and we look forward to seeing you at the event. This year Billy Bob’s is not a sponsor of the event so they will not be providing concert tickets to the teams but you may purchase them from the Billy Bob’s box office if you would like to see them at Billy Bob’s Texas. Billy Bob’s entertainment that weekend will be Leann Rimes on Friday night and Trace Adkins on Sat night.
Kingsford will match the $7500 first place payout at the SCA World Championship making first place $15,000 if you cook on Kingsford! Do you really want to take a chance on losing out on $7500 by cooking on something else? Please make sure to display your extra bag of Kingsford at the front of your campsite. We will be providing charcoal to teams if they would like to use it.
1st Place $7500 + $7500 Potential Kingsford Bonus plus the SCA World Championship Ring!
2nd Place $3000 plus Trophy
3rd Place $2000 plus Trophy
4th Place $1000 plus Trophy
5th Place $500 plus Trophy
6th-10th Place $200 plus Trophy
11th – 20th Place SCA World Championship Medals!
Pork provided by Smithfield
Red Box Smoker Provided by Red Box Smokers
1st Place $200 plus a Red Box Smoker and trophy
2nd Place $200 plus Trophy
3rd Place $100 plus Trophy
4th place Trophy
5th place Trophy
6-10th place Pork Medals
SCA Preferred Hotel Information
Must book by October 12th for the discounted rate
(A) Courtyard by Marriott Fossil Creek
· Sleeping rooms in your room block are $99 for a King room with a sleeper sofa or a room with two Queen Beds for $99.00
· Breakfast is included in this room rate
· Rooms are ready to be reserved by calling reservations (800.228.9290) and referencing the World Steak Championship Room Block
· Reservations for the group rate must be made prior to October 12, 2017.
· Please call 800.228.9290 and reference the SCA World Championship at the Courtyard by Marriott Fossil Creek to make their reservations at the group rate.
TIMELINE FOR CHAMPIONSHIP
Friday Timeline (Doors open at 5pm)
Location: the 81 Club (directly in front of Billy Bobs)
5:00-7:00 Happy Hour / Meet and Greet (Cash Bar)
8:00 Team Introductions and 2017 SCA Awards
Location: 2520 Rodeo Plaza, Fort Worth, TX
7:00-9:30AM Team Set Up and Check In
10:00 Cooks Meeting (Outdoor stage)
12:00-3:00 Sampling to Public (Conecuh Sausage to be provided)
1:00 Judges Meeting
2-2:30 Pork Loin Turn In
3:15-4:00 Steak Turn In
5:30 Awards Ceremony
6:00-8:00 Breakdown of Campsites (Must be out by 8:00)
TEAM SPACES AT CHAMPIONSHIP
For those of you that have cooked at this event, you know the challenges we face getting teams in and out of the area. There is only one way in and one way out of the Rodeo Plaza in front of Billy Bob’s. The location is incredible and is worth the extra effort and patience required to make it work.
· Team Spaces are limited to 10x12 spaces. 10x15 tents can be used only if multiple teams are cooking under them.
· We would like to encourage you to cook with a friend under the same tent if at all possible.
· Cargo trailers will NOT be allowed to stay in the cook area due to space constrictions.
· There will be no assigned spots, if you would like to be next to someone, you should bring them with you.
· Please contact us if you have any specific questions.
We are selling the wrist bands are helping to subsidize cost the Team Celebration. We will be providing all teams with Conecuh Sausage as well as the left over pork loin to serve samples to the public that have on a Lime Green VIP bracelet. The serving time is 12:00-3:00, once you are out, you are out. This should not interfere with the competition and you will have something to serve to the public as they wonder through the event.
EXTRA TICKETS TO FRIDAY NIGHT
We are providing 4 tickets per team to the Friday night team celebration. If you would like to bring more people to the celebration / dinner are $25 per person.
All registrations will be done through the promoter on this event. Please click below to register.
BBQ Side of Event (Not SCA)
5pm Cooks Meeting / Steak Selection
6:30 Judges Meeting
7-7:15 Kids Turn In
8-8:30 Steak Turn In
Cooks meeting at 8:30
Steak turn in 1 Hour after brisket
Flier Coming Soon!
Flier Coming Soon
Flier and details coming soon!
ALL ENTRIES WILL BE DONE THROUGH THE PROMOTER
1st Place $1000
2nd Place $500
3rd Place $400
4th Place $300
5th Place $200
Categories: Steaks, Appetizers, Bloody Mary's
Steak Cookoff Association
1901 Central Drive, Suite 300
Bedford, TX 76021
For membership or general information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org